Profile Hamdan M Salleh
"Political Scientist by Training, Academia by Trade, Motivational Trainer by Circumstances & Disability Facilitation Activist by Inspiration"
PROFIL HAMDAN MOHD SALLEH
Dr Hamdan bin Mohd Salleh merupakan pensyarah kanan Fakulti Pendidikan dan Sains Sosial sejak 2006 dan Dekan Pusat Pembangunan Pengajian Asasi UNISEL sejak Mac 2016. Beliau juga merupakan ahli Kluster Pendidikan Politik, Institut Darul Ehsan (IDE) serta fellow Institut Kajian Pilihanraya dan Pemurnian Demokrasi UNISEL.
Berkelulusan PhD Sains Sosial dari UNISEL mengkhusus dalam bidang perbandingan politik dan politik Oposisi. Beliau juga berkelulusan Sarjana Sastera (Sejarah Asia Tenggara) dari Universiti Malaya (UM) dan Sarjana Muda Sains Kemanusian mengkhusus Sains Politik dari Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM).
Selain bidang asas akademik, beliau terlibat secara aktif di dalam kajian-kajian sosial berimpak tinggi terutama di negeri Selangor. Antara kajian adalah berkaitan dengan Kajian Pilihanraya, Politik Oposisi, Kajian Impak Sosial, Hak Komuniti OKU, Keperluan Latihan Guru Sekolah Agama dan Penetapan Garis Kemiskinan. Beliau juga mengetuai kajian di bawah arahan kerajaan negeri Selangor iaitu kajian impak sosial Bukit Tagar 2014 serta sebagai ketua penyelidik daerah Gombak bagi Kajian Penetapan Garis Kemiskinan (PGK) Negeri Selangor 2015. Beliau juga terlibat dengan pasukan penyelidik yang terlibat dengan kajian pilihanraya kecil Kajang, Permatang Pauh dan pilihanraya negeri Sarawak 2016.
Aktif dalam gerakan NGO berpaksi sosial dan Mengupayakan OKU sejak 1999. Memegang pelbagai jawatan dalam NGO antara lain Children of Heaven (CoH-Timbalan Presiden), Persatuan Pendidik Sejahtera Malaysia (PENDIDIK - Naib Presiden), Gerakan Mengupayakan OKU (Pengerusi) dan Grup OKU Bangkit. Selain itu, pernah memimpin beberapa NGO OKU di peringkat kebangsaan dan negeri antaranya Malaysian Advocates For Cerebral Palsy (MyCP – Presiden), Persatuan Kebajikan dan Rehabilitasi Selangor (PAKAR – Setiausaha Kehormat), Gerakan Mahasiswa Fasilitasi OKU (G-FO – Penasihat) serta Komuniti Integrasi Selangor (KIS – Setiausaha).
Hasil penglibatan aktif dalam NGO dan komentar politik, Dr Hamdan dijemput menjadi tetamu dalam pelbagai media massa. Wawancara, komentar dan penulisan tersiar di dalam media utama antaranya Selangorkini, TV Selangor, Sinar Harian, TV Sinar, Kini TV, Malaysiakini, TV Al-Hijrah, Astro Oasis, TV8, TV3, DBP, NST dan The Malay Mail.
Antara penulisan beliau adalah Politik Islam Patani (AFR, 2010), International Politics and the Muslim World (OUM, 2014), Hannah – Inspirasi Syurga (DBP, 2015), Disability Is Ability (CDFS/Psych-Inc, 2016).
Dr. Hamdan Dato’ Hj. Mohd Salleh is currently the Chairman of Disability Facilitation Movement (G-FO) and past president of Malaysian Advocates for Cerebral Palsy (MyCP).
Academically, he holds a PhD in Social Science majoring in Political Opposition (2014) from Universiti Selangor. He holds a PhD in Social Sciences focusing on the Political Oppositions & Political Management in Malaysia. He also received his Master of Arts in Southeast Asian History from University of Malaya (UM) in 2003 and obtained his Bachelor of Humanities in Political Science from International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in 1998. He also holds a Doctoral Certificate in Business Administration majoring in Human Resources Development (2010) specializing in Inspirational Training. The focus of his DBA research was the world renowned Napoleon Hill's inspired Vision Into Self Improvement (V.I.S.I) training where he is one of the master trainers.
In term of academic career, he is currently the Dean for Foundation Studies at a private university in Selangor. Also attached as a subject-matter expert, e-mentor as well as module writer in Political Science at the Open University Malaysia (OUM) since 2008. He also attached to Faculty Education & Social Science at a private university in Malaysia where he served as a senior lecturer and was the former Head of Program for Library Science Program as well as Head of Department of Social Sciences. Previously, he was also the Coordinator for Student Affairs Department. Hamdan's teaching credits includes OUM (since 2000), UiTM (2002-2004, PT), IDEAL UPM (2003, PT) and INPENS International College (1998-2006). He mainly teaches Malaysian Studies and Management Skills (Leadership and Team Building), Social Works, Introduction to Political Science, Public Policy Decision Making. He was also the grader for subjects such as Public Policy, Social Science, Political Economy and Policies of Malaysian Defense. He also used to teach courses such as Local Government, Organizational Behavior, Current Issues in Southeast Asia, International Relations, and Issues in Malaysian Politics, Kesatria, Entrepreneurship and TITAS among others. He also has produced, written and presented more than 30 working papers, articles as well as books on subjects related to his interests and passions.
He is also active in volunteer works especially in disablitiy advocacy and welfare for children with special needs. He is currently the Chairman of G-FO, past President of Malaysian Advocates for Cerebral Palsy (MyCP). Apart from MyCP, he is also currently the President of Tasik Puteri Pemacu Agenda Kebajikan (PAKAT), adviser for Gerakan Mahasiswa Fasilitasi OKU (G-FO) and member of Pertubuhan Kebajikan Rakyat Selangor (Pro-Rakyat). He also was as the founder Vice President of the Association of Welfare & Rehabilitation of Selangor (PAKAR), Secretary for RUMAH RAMAH Shah Alam, the Chairman of Tasik Puteri Community Library, executive Secretary of Malaysian Journalist Club and a member of Malaysian Branch of Royal Asiatic Society (MBRAS) among others.
Apart as the CEO of a consultant firm HMS Resources, he was the former C.O.O. and Managing Consultant of RehaWealth Training & Consultation, a training and consultancy company under an international group of companies. He was also one of the pioneers among trainers for the Ministry of Defense’s National Service Program and also one of the master trainers for the world renowned Napoleon Hill’s inspired motivational course, Vision Into Self Improvement (V.I.S.I.). Over the past ten years he has also been conducting V.I.S.I.’s trainings and consulting for various Malaysian organizations and throughout the regions. Among the organizations are JKM, MARA, CIAST, Federal Courts, UPEN, MDHS, MDKS, TA Morgen Singapore, KFCH International, Ministry of Education Negara Brunei to name but a few.
He also runs three sites namely Dunia Mendan and Hamdan M Salleh which looks at the politics, disability facilitation, history and socials of Malaysia from an alternative, non-partisan angle and which attempts to demonstrate the importance of the roles of new politics in Malaysia. Hamdan has also appeared especially to discuss topics such as politics and Cerebral Palsy in electronic medias such as TV3, TV8, TV al-Hijrah, Selangor TV, IMR Network etc. His other interest is as a trained Master of Ceremony for various functions which includes functions at the highest level.
Area of Expertise :
- Malaysian Politics
- Comparative Politics
- Political Marketing & Election Studies
- Political Behavior & Processes
- Political Islam
- Leadership & Management Motivational Skills
- Disabilities Facilitation
- DBA Award of Excellence
- Awarded as a Master Trainer for Vision Into Self Improvement (V.I.S.I.) in 2010.
- Completed the Training of Trainers for UiTM’s Study Skills Modules in 2005.
- Completed the Training of Trainers for Khidmat Negara Trainers in 2005.
- Analyses on GE 13, BTP Network (2012, on-going)
- Politik Patani Pasca Revolusi Thai 1932 (AeF Resources, Shah Alam, 2010)
- International Politics and The Muslim World (OUM-Preston, KL, completing 2012)
- Nukilan Politikos (AeF Resources, Shah Alam, completing 2012)
- Influencing Factors for Effective Community ICT Hubs, World Applied Sciences Journal, Volume 11 Number 1, 2010 (co-researcher)
- “Education & Students With Special Needs: An Inspirational Perspective” (Ministry of Education Negara Brunei Darussalam, 26th April 2012.)
- “Employment of OKU” (Seminar: Selangor Council of Welfare & Social Development, April 2012)
- “Politik Kepartian & Parti Politik Oposisi: Satu Pandangan Dari Sudutpandang Teoritika”, (Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, June 2011.
- “MSE in Education”(Lok Kawi Army Camp, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, September 2011)
- “MSR &OKU Bestari: Peranan Sektor Politik dalam meningkatkan fasiliti dan fasilitasi OKU di Selangor”, (Persatuan Pakar, Februari 2011)
- Pra-PRU 13 di Selangor: Kajian Sokongan Terhadap Parti-Parti Bertanding Berlandaskan Profil Etnik. (Politikos Network, 2012. )
- Pra-PRU 13: Siapa Oposisi Selepas PRU 13 di Selangor. (Politikos Network)
- Study On The Effectiveness of Pusat Siber Rakyat in The 10 Years of Its Existence. (SUK Selangor, PICT & UNISEL, 2010).
- As Guest, "OKU Facilitation" IMR Radio Network
- As Speaker “The Roles of Local Government” Segment, monthly, TV Selangor,
- As Invitational Guest “Apa Khabar Selangor”, Live Segment, 7th Oct. 2011.
- Special Segment on Opposition Politics, TV Selangor,10.30pm, 7th Oct 2011
COMMUNITY SERVICES 2011-2012 (Selected)
- Chairman, Disability Facilitation Netwrk (G-FO)
- President, Malaysian Advocates of Cerebral Palsy (MyCP), 2013-2014
- Secretary, Tasik Puteri Pemacu Agenda Kebajikan (TAPAK)
- Advisor, Gerakan Mahasiswa Fasilitasi OKU (G-FO)
- Member, Malaysian Branch Royal Asiatic Society (MBRAS)
- President, SUARA Politikos Network
- Honorary Secretary, Persatuan Kebajikan dan Rehabilitasi Ramah Selangor (PAKAR), 2008-2012
- Chairman, Community Library Bandar Tasik Puteri, 2010-2011
- Organizing Secretary, “The Visits of YAB Menteri Besar of Selangor & Mayor of Shah Alam to Rumah RAMAH”, Shah Alam, 29th April 2012
- Secretary, Rumah RAMAH Selangor
- Executive Secretary, Malaysian Journalist Club