The 2015 Federal Budget was tabled by the YAB Prime Minister Dato' Sri Najib Tun Razak on Oct. 10, 2014.
Here's a summary of the budget that directly related to OKU/Disability facilitations:
The Government will allocate RM2.2 billion to the Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development. Among the programmes that will be implemented include:
- Provide RM1.2 billion in financial assistance for poor families, children, senior citizens and the disabled (OKU).
- The Government also agrees to increase the allowance for working OKU from RM300 to RM350.
- Financial assistance for non-working OKU will be increased from RM150 to RM200. This will benefit 110,000 OKU involving RM66 million.
- Increase tax relief for each disabled child from RM5,000 to RM6,000.
- Increase tax relief for the purchase of basic supporting equipment for the tax payer, spouse, children and parents with disabilities from RM5,000 to RM6,000.
- Increase the daily food allowance from RM8 to RM16 for 8,700 residents in 63 institutions under the Social Welfare Department.
- Increase the annual grant for the National Council for Persons with Disabilities from RM500,000 to RM1 million.